Why Ingredients Matter!
by LONDON THOMAS
Honeyism prides itself on our use of organically sourced ingredients! Many of our ingredients are sourced from local vendors and international markets from Southern India and East Africa. We care about what our consumers are putting on their skin and we care about what ingredients work and have great benefits for the skin!
No matter if the product is $20 or $200, the first thing most people look at is the ingredient list or product description. We know this and have placed both the ingredient list and product description on the product page for every item we sell. Below you will find a list of some of our most used organic ingredients and their benefits for the skin!
- High in fatty acids, Cocoa Butter is great for replenishing hydration in the skin and improve elasticity. The fat in cocoa butter forms a protective barrier over skin to hold in moisture. Cocoa butter is also rich in natural plant compounds called phytochemicals.
- Benefits: Heals chapped skin, moisturizes skin, fights aging
- Who Should Use It: This is a great moisturizing agent for most skin types, however acne prone skin may want to skip this one.
- Filled with high concentrations of fatty acids and vitamins, Coconut Oil is a natural skin softener with anti-inflammatory properties. It can help hydrate, tone, and soothe skin.
- Benefits: Natural skin hydration, filled with antioxidants
- Who Should Use It: This is a great ingredient for those with normal to dry skin.
- Glycerin is a humectant, which is a substance that retains moisture. Humectants work by drawing moisture from the air and delivering it to the skin. Because of it’s moisturizing abilities, glycerin helps prevent wrinkles, breakouts, and improves the overall health of the skin
- Benefits: Reduces acne, moisturizes skin
- Who Should Use It: This is a great ingredient for those with combination skin
- Shea butter is full of nutrients, including vitamin A, which has many healing properties and has been known to aid in treating blemishes, wrinkles, eczema and dermatitis, as well as burns and even stretch marks.
- Benefits: Helps reduce photoaging, minimize stretch marks
- Who Should Use It: This is a great soothing agent for those with conditions like eczema, dermatitis, and psoriasis.
Sunflower Seed Oil
- Sunflower oil is a non-comedogenic carrier oil which is highly absorbent and is a natural botanical. It’s non-irritating for most people, and can be used on all types of skin, including dry, normal, oily, and acne prone.
- Benefits: Unclogs pores, calms temporary redness,
- Who Should Use It: This is a great ingredient for dry skin, sensitive skin, combination skin, oily skin, and mature skin.
Sweet Almond Oil
- Sweet Almond Oil is a mild natural oil that promotes smooth, youthful, blemish-free skin by boosting collagen production, keeping it hydrated and supple, and by protecting it against the potential damage caused by UV radiation.
- Benefits: helps skin retain moisture, reduce stretch marks
- Who Should Use It: This is a beneficial ingredient for those with dry, itchy, and flaky skin